Published Papers (Economics)
Link to IDEAS
Link to Researchgate
Link to Google Citations
17. "Do Product Market Reforms Raise Innovation? Evidence from Micro-data Across 12 Countries" with C. Makridis and G. Tsiachtsiras forthcoming at the journal Technological Forecasting & Social Change.
16. "A Gravity Analysis of Refugees Mobility Using Mobile Phone Data" with Michel Beine, Luisito Bertinelli, Rana Comertpay and Jean-François Maystadt forthcoming at the Journal of Development Economics.
15. "A Dynamic Analysis of the Income-Pollution Relationship in a Two-country Setting" jointly with Eleftherios Filippiadis just got accepted for publication at the journal Economic Change and Restructuring.
14. "The impact of Economic Complexity on the Formation of Environmental Culture" with Athanasios Lapatinas (JRC) and Skerdi Zanaj (University of Luxembourg), forthcoming at Sustainability special issue. Guest Editor: Cesar Hidalgo.
12. "Occupation-Induced Status, Social Norms, and Economic Growth" with Nikos Kontogiannis and Dimitrios Varvarigos, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization (2019), 163, 348-360.
11. "Refugee Mobility: Evidence from Phone Data in Turkey", with Michel Beine, Luisito Bertinelli, Rana Comertpay, Jean-François Maystadt and Benteng Zou, Guide to Mobile Data Analytics in Refugee Scenarios: The "Data for Refugees Challenge" Study, Editors: Salah, A.A, Pentland, A. Lepri, B., Letouze, E. (Eds), Springer (2019).
Featured in the Forced Displacement Literature Review by the Joint Data Center on Forced Displacement
10. "Environmental Projects in the Presence of Corruption" with Athanasios Lapatinas and Eftichios Sartzetakis, International Tax and Public Finance (2019), 26 (1), 103-144.
9. "Intelligence and Economic Sophistication" with Athanasios Lapatinas, Empirical Economics (2019), 57 (5), 1731-1750.
8. "Dissecting the Act of God: An Exploration of the Effect of Religiosity on Economic Activity" with Jean Francois Carpantier, BE Journal of Macroeconomics-Contributions (2018), 1-25.
"What a Study of 33 Countries Found About Aging Populations and Innovation" with Andreas Irmen featuring our paper ?Population Aging and Inventive Activity?, Harvard Business Review (2017).
6. "Intergenerational Transmission of Environmental Traits" with Skerdi Zanaj and Simone Moriconi, World Development 84(C) (2016), 131-148.
5Journal of Economic Growth 21 (2016), 351-408.
4? with Theodore Palivos, Journal of Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 124 (2016), 164-177.
2."The Behavior of the Saving Rate in the Neoclassical Optimal Growth Model", Anastasia Litina and Theodore Palivos, Macroeconomic Dynamics 14 (2010), 482-500.
"Do Inada Conditions Imply that Production Function Must Be Asymptotically Cobb-Douglas? A Comment" Anastasia Litina and Theodore Palivos, Economics Letters, (2008).
1. K. Papastathis and A. Litina, "Populist Breeding Ground and Religion: the case of the Greek Mainstream and Radical Right," Religion, State and Society, 46, (2018): 266-282.
2. K. Papastathis and A. Litina, ?Orthodoxy as Exclusivist Identity in the Greece Radical Right: Discourse Analysis and Electoral Behavior?, in Anja Hennig and Mirjam Weiberg-Salzmann (eds), Illiberal Politics and Religion: Actors, Ideologies, and Identity Narratives in Europe (Forthcoming 2019).
3. K. Papastathis and A. Litina, ?The populist breeding ground and religion: the case of the Greek mainstream and Radical Right", in De Hanas and Shterin (eds), Religion and the Rise of Populism, Routledge 2019.
Submitted Papers and Working Papers (Economics)
12. "Past Exposure to Macroeconomic Shocks and Populist Attitudes in Europe" with Despoina Gavresi
11. "Split Personalities? Behavioral Effects of Temperature on Financial Decision-Making" with Despoina Gavresi and Chris Makridis.
10. "Corruption and the Cultural Evolution of Family Ties" with Dimitrios Varvarigos (Leicester Univeristy), submitted
9. "The Impact of Population Aging on Anti-Immigrant Attitudes?" with Andreas Irmen (University of Luxembourg) and Rana Comertpay (University of Luxembourg)
7. "The Terror of History: Solar Eclipses and the Origins of Social Complexity and Complex Thinking" written jointly with my co-author Eric Roca Fernandez (AMSE, Aix-Marseille University), submitted
5. "Corruption and the Cultural Evolution of Family Ties" a joint work with Dimitrios Varvarigos (Leicester University).
2. "Public Versus Private Education: Is There a Role for Institutions?" with Pantelis Kammas (AUEB) and Theodore Palivos (AUEB)